Friday, May 10

Still blue..

 The weeks pass in a blur. Last weekend was Art@Ancrum, with sixteen artists and makers showing their work throughout the village. Hugh's space was a kindly donated living room, complete with wood burning stove which was a bonus! There was lots of interest and comment from visitors and village residents so let's hope it becomes an annual event and keeps on growing.  
I showed my face there on two afternoons, and sat in Hugh's mini gallery stitching away on the top one of these pieces. 

Although it all looks a bit piecemeal when I post images up, I am working through a series of banners which will ultimately be displayed together and make sense. There's a vast volume of work still to be done but I am throughly enjoying the slow process of stitching onto this beautiful indigo-dyed handwoven Indian cotton.

Last night I gave an illustrated talk to textile friends and showed off the stitched, printed and woven treasures I brought back from Gujarat. It was a throughly enjoyable evening spent with like minds.

Tomorrow I am off to Dunbar to run a workshop for the East Lothian branch of the Embroiderers Guild. We'll be making stitched paper collages. I have had a devil of a job choosing what not to take with me - the poor car is groaning under the weight of my poor decision making.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning!! Fxx

Caroline said...

I am so looking forward to seeing this for real. Love the colour. Impressed with the stitching. :-)
Cx