Saturday, July 28

Yarn Ahoy!

At last the Tart's Shop has a yarnstore - check it out and see what you think. My most recent creations are these scrumptious sock yarns which are all natural dyed and you'll find some of them in the shop. I have shut the door to Granny's Attic for the moment while I play with yarn making. I'm scheduling in some more spinning in September when we will be in a cottage in Perthshire for a week. I said I would take my wheel so Hugh is threatening to take his guitar.....
Another treat arrived through the mail for me - handmade teabags from the herbs in Tara's own garden - how posh is that?! Together with a delicious bag of lemon geranium scented sugar which I am going to convert into shortbread very soon. Wonderful treats all the way from the US of A - thank you TLC!

5 comments:

Lothlorian said...

oh they are bootiful Mrs!!!!

tlchang said...

You are welcome! Hope you enjoy.

Your yarns are so luscious. 'Wish I had more time/hands/job diversity - another thing that I'd like to tackle....

Gretel said...

Gorgeous wool - tell me, as a knitting numpty - What makes a wool specifically sock wool? Is it extra tough? Also, is one ball enough for a pair of ankle socks? You see, I am clueless...

Tart said...

Dear Numpty - I know but a fraction more than you but sock wool is quite tightly spun and so fiarly hardwearing, and 100gm hank is enough to make a pair of ladies' mid calf socks. If you just make ankley type ones you can get two pairs out of 100gm. Me? Only ever knitted one pair of socks in my life and they were with chunky handspun and best suited to wellies. But I have some LOVELY friends who have the skill, patience and willpower to make two MATCHING socks for me occasionally

Lothlorian said...

100g is enough to get mid calf socks and maybe anklets or kids socks out of too, sock yarn goes a long way! I have seen these yarns in person, they are very pretty :)