Wednesday, May 21

Northern Exposure

Heading up to Dingwall on Friday with a jam-packed car in readiness for Saturday's HIGHLAND WOOL FESTIVAL. Such a wealth of textile talent will be on display, and as makers keep posting sneak peaks of their products online I find myself saying 'must go and see them.... and their stall and ...ooh, look at that, I just have to meet that weaver, that stitcher, that dyer...'
Fortunately my good friend will be there to help The Border Tart so I can make sorties out to other stalls during the day.

I was delighted by sales of hand spun at Art@Ancrum but it does mean that although I have spun for long hours in the last fortnight my stock of skeins is not overly generous.
the yellow skein on the left only just made it in - it was still on the line at 3pm

On the other hand I have dyed a lake's worth of indigo so Blue Moon yarns will be well represented. And I have lots of lovely buttons, of course, including some delicious new lampwork glass buttons that I collected from Laughinglass today right here in the Borders.


I made the momentous (for me) decision to cut up the fabrics I brought back from India into fat quarters and half metre lengths, and they are heading north with me too. I wonder if Dingwall is ready for block prints...

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Enjoy the weekend, wish I could be there.