Monday, May 3

There and back again

Hello, here I am full of the joys of Spring as we've just returned from a Wensleydale week! The Yorkshire Dales are a grand place to visit at any time but we really needed the break and chose a cottage in the quietest little corner to recharge the batteries. In the picture above you can see the little hamlet of Marsett in the middle distance on the right. Ash and Midge came too, and enjoyed running up and down the Roman road which was a sheep-and-lamb-free zone. As this stylish picture amply illustrates, it was not overly warm and I am not at my most elegant with a fleecy bunnet on my head! Having said that, my fashion sense does extend to having tiny little skulls and crossbones on my red bootlaces, but you'll have to take my word for it.
Hugh was trying to persuade the dogs to sit nicely and pose for pictures but this next one just makes me laugh. I took lots of arty shots of stone walls and peeling paintwork on the same walk but I'll save that treat for you for another time.

1 comment:

Boud said...

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to see that view again. My dear Dales. The drystone walls. The gentle hills, all of it.

I don't miss the cold, but, that view was just great. Thank you.

Boud