Sunday, March 30

Strangers in the Night


Well, you've read me rattling on about it for months but my Stitching the Blues exhibition is now on at Borders Textile Towerhouse in Hawick until 11th May. At Friday evening's private view Ian took some great pics for me and I will get more sorted and posted soon. 

On Saturday two friends and I hit the Vintage Fair at Hexham, all succumbing to purchases of one sort or another. Not really sure yet what I will do with the fabrics I bought but they are lovely furnishing weight pieces and, well, anyway, they were too good a buy to pass up...honest.

That same evening we were off to a quiz night at Southdean's hall, Usual good cheer abounded and we did a fine job of feeding all participants a generous hot supper too. Rural life can be incredibly sociable and we must have one of the busiest village halls in the Borders! 

Strangers in the Night? name of one of my most recent handspun yarns, destined for Rheged's Knit and Stitch Show next Sunday.

1 comment:

Lizzi said...

Lovely pics - just a wee taste of an excellent exhibition. If anyone is in the area I strongly recommend that you go. I wanted to take home everything.

Well done, Lindsay.