Sunday, October 2

Northern Exposure

Batteries are recharged after a week spent in a very fine wee cottage close to Loch Ness. We had the River Moriston at the foot of the wooded garden and miles of forest tracks accessible from the door. The dogs were in seventh heaven and we didn't do so badly either...
We carried out a poll over the week of the available coffee & cake stops between Fort William and Nairn. The winner on cake quality was the cafe at Fort George. I didn't photograph the carrot cake (Hugh) or the apple/cinnamon/walnut loaf (me) but I do have some pics of the 42 acres that the garrison fortress covers. Tune in next week, folks, for more on this impressive edifice.

To show that we did do some walking in between refreshments, I bring you these in the meantime....

The Road Less Travelled?



3 comments:

Lizzi said...

the second pic conjured up memories for me - I have done a fair bit of walking in that sort of terrain - just fab!

Helen said...

If I didn't live in Assynt I'd want to live in the Great Glen ..... a beautiful part of the world!s

Kit Mitchell said...

What a wonderful post! I want to climb right into your photos.
Cheers, Kit