Saturday, June 16

Inspired by India? Not deliberately, but I do really like this skein that I spun last week and is now washed and dried, weighed, measured, labelled and in the basket! It has friends, of course, as I've been spinning to the beat of falling June rain outside the caravan windows this week. 

It's fitting that the Tart should have an old-fashioned sweet trolley, I think, full of temptations. So here we have the first two in a new range of pure merino tops, blended to my specifications. For sale in 100gm balls of fibre for you to spin or felt with, and complete with recipes for the real thing!
Key Lime Pie
 Black Forest Gateau
And just to prove I finished them, the socks. Despite the red toe on one, they are the same size, honest!
Now I wouldn't say I am hooked yet, on the sock thing, but I will be searching out a ball or two of interesting sock yarn next Saturday at Woolfest, for my next ones.
And after all things woolly, a little reminder that there are still a couple of spaces left on my PAPER EXTRAVAGANZA on 30th June at Roberton. Do come along and join in the fun if you can.

 
Saturday 30th June at The Forman Hall, Roberton - (e-mail borthwickwaterartsproject@yahoo.com)
PAPER EXTRAVAGANZA
Explore the use and re-use of all sorts of paper. Themed decorations, gift boxes and envelopes and other packaging, notebooks and albums using simple binding techniques.


2 comments:

Lizzi said...

I like the red toe - and the rest of them. Good start - i bet you get hooked.

jakki said...

well done you, have fun at woolfest.