Saturday, March 3

Marching On

Wow, time flies when your life's a mess!
Lots had happened since I last posted, some of it good and some bad, and most of it probably pretty mundane so I'll spare you the yawning...

But I've been to the first Woolfish Wool Festival of the year at Coldstream, where I caught up with fellow stall-holders handweaver Janis, felting Laura, and the talented Natural Born Dyers (I may have succumbed to some lovely soft dyed fibre there...) as well as good friends who came along to enjoy the textile treats (and the impressive catering - thanks Trudi and Louise!)

 And I'm happy to say that on the Tart's stall Stitchers' Mixtures jars were a success, buttons were bought, scrumptious bags of carded merino were squeezed, thread snips snapped up and my new smarter display of 'notions' made me feel happy!

This euphoria resulted in further investment in buttons and bits and rather side-tracked me away from collage creation (again). My good intentions for the winter months are looking a little feeble now and there's a great new toy tool I bought in November that I have not even put to the test yet. Just bewitched by buttons and the joy of packaging goodies up into little bundles - probably incurable.

But, a new audience awaits!  Ali has organised another great day at Boundary Bank, Jedburgh and kindly invited Janet, Linda and me to join her. We'll have wonderful stocks and supplies to inspire you, at very gentle prices. Come along and enjoy a relaxed rummage through papers, fabrics, fibres and felts!

 

1 comment:

ie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.