Saturday, January 30

Winter chills

Not coughs and colds, just freezing night time temperatures and a house that's a lot less than toasty at times. Still, I've made this...
Yeah, I know, it is a bit Little House on the Prairie, isn't it?! But it looks warm and it's made from fabrics from four sources - a curtain (the big bold checks), some linen left over from backing cushions, some more from a jumble sale and a swatch book of stripe and check curtaining fabrics. Backed with an old white cotton sheet, and with a polyester/cotton mix wadding (which I did have to pay for) It's not quilted as such, just tied through at each corner of each square with little felt squares top and bottom, and mother-of-pearl buttons on the centre sections.

I have also made a quick and simple pair of crocheted wristwarmer gloves based on Attic 24s idea. She's a talented one, and her colours make me want to sing (alarming thought for loved ones, sorry).

As a lively contrast I thought I'd show you this which I scanned from a little piece of paper that Ali used to giftwrap a present for me. The colours are much brighter than the original but it's about the right size. I particularly like the character slugging something from a bottle and the one with the trumpet (?) over her head!

4 comments:

Helen said...

The one with the trumpet on her head would be me after imbibing all that was in the bottle! Love the throw. I do envy you lot who can sew.

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt, what a busy bee you have been. Love the wrapping paper from Ali, what are you oing to do with it? Fx

Tart said...

Thanks, ladies. It's as well you can't see the stitching in close up...

That scan of the wrapping paper is just asking to be adapted for something but I'm pondering it for a while. The tree and bird are lovely....hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt! After you have done the wristwarmers you will have to knit bedsocks!!