Tuesday, October 30

Happy Halloween!


Well now, it's been a busy week, incorporating the arrival of a new sink (!), a meeting with an architect, one with the Forestry Commission, a Body Shop party, a wedding and a Wool Gathering - what a social whirl we country folks enjoy....
The Wool Gathering was a lovely informal day incorporating only modest cake consumption but lots of work by all parties including the two junior members who made jewellery happily all day. I stitched some kantha work, Anne prepared squares for a quilt, Alison stitched, Anke knitted, Janet knitted and Lorraine fretted over a part knitted sock. Helen came to the rescue and got her back on track (even though the sock was quite a lot shorter when she left than when she'd arrived...) Anke brought honey from her first ever harvest and talked about selling pork from her next year's pigs. We also pondered the possibility of running a Textile Fair or Exhibition in the Borders next year - I am sure you'll be hearing more of this from me.

The Autumn Fairy timed it beautifully for Halloween - I'm all kitted out now courtesy of the lovely Miskellaneous - I've received my very own felt Crump, and badges and a handstitched pumpkin pin and beautifully illustrated recipe cards, and stickers and a delicious chocolate skeleton (I know coz I ate it) all liberally sprinkled with mini Halloween sequiny things (technically correct description, I think you'll find). Great fun and altogether mood enhancing!

6 comments:

tlc illustration said...

Fun package! She makes very appealing things. Your wool gatherings always sound so inviting - makes me almost wish I did stuff with yarn TOO (I don't think I have enough different crafts going...)

Happy Halloween!

Helen said...

Don't .... I'm still feeling guilty about that sock. I'm not known as "The Pull-out Queen" by my knitting students for nothing :-) Thanks for organising this Lindsay.

mermaid_misk said...

Yay I'm so pleased you like it! x

Lothlorian said...

so sorry I missed it snot fair :(

great package you have there though and that is deffo the correct term, i know I have used it meself :P

LittleBrownDog said...

Sounds like brilliant fun - wish I'd managed to get more organised for Halloween. Love doing stuff with wool (although it rarely looks good)

LittleBrownDog said...

Of course what I meant to say - it never looks good when I do it. Often looks great when other people do it.

And, yes, as far as I know R Stiltskin is in the public domain - it's from the cover of a very old Ladybird book, so please feel free...

LBD x